Why Read to Your Baby
- Reading to your baby is a form of communication. Your baby loves to listen to your voice and in time, he will respond and understand what you are saying to him.
- It forms a bonding between you and your child, and it is very important to your baby to feel the love and care you give. Your baby feels your presence when you spend time with him.
- It encourages your baby to listen and respond to your voice. At the same time, your baby increases his vocabulary when he listens to you read.
- He will also learn to recognise stories or words that he has heard before, therefore it promotes memory skills in an infant.
- Your child will have an interest in reading at a young age because your baby will try to imitate the sounds you make. He remembers the pictures and words when he looks at the books.
- Reading helps your child to learn to talk because it improves his vocabulary skills. It stimulates your baby’s brain to learn new things at an early stage.